Worcester State University
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
2012-2013 Academic Year
|To:||All WSU Full-time, Graduate and Undergraduate Students|
|From:||Julie Kazarian, Associate Vice-President for Student Affairs|
|Re:||Student Health Insurance Program|
Massachusetts State Law requires that all full-time and ¾ time (nine or more credits) students attending an institution of higher education in the state must be enrolled in a Qualifying Student Health Insurance Plan that meets established minimum benefit guidelines.
The Worcester State University 2012-13 student health insurance program will be insured through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA and is more carefully tailored to the insurance usage by Worcester State University students. The student health insurance enrollment/waiver process will continue to be administered by University Health Plans. We are making every effort to keep the plan as affordable as possible. Please note there is an increase in the 2012-2013 rate. The new spring rate is $742 for coverage from January 1, 2013 to August 1, 2013. Complete benefit information is available at www.universityhealthplans.com.
Students may complete a waiver via the web page listed in the following instructions:
- Go to www.universityhealthplans.com
- Click on Worcester State University
- Click on the Worcester State University Insurance Plan
- On the left hand side Menu, click on the Waiver Form
- Fill in all required information (if a piece of required information is missing, your waiver will NOT be accepted.)
- Submit the form by clicking ‘Apply.’ If the form is accepted, you will receive immediate confirmation of your waiver.
Questions should be directed as follows:
On Line Waiver Process
University Health Plans, Inc.
|Waiver process||W.S.U. Bursar's Office||(508) 929-8051|
W.S.U. Health Service Office
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Summer Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only)
We look forward to seeing you in the spring.